Determining Top Competitors
- Understanding the competition should be a key component of planning your SEO.
- The first step is to understand who your competitors in the search results really are.
Seeking the Best
- Are your competitor’s websites fully indexed by Google and Yahoo!? In other words, are all their web pages, including product pages, making it into the search engines’ databases? You can use the free tool at http://www.netconcepts.com/urlcheck to find out, or you can go to each search engine and type in site:theirdomain.com.
Uncovering Their Secrets
- What keywords are they targeting?
- Who’s linking to their home page, or to their top-selling product pages and category pages? A link popularity checker can be quite helpful in analyzing this.
- E.g. Amazon.com