Defining Your Site’s Information Architecture
Whether you have built a site already or not, you should plan to research the desired site architecture (from an SEO perspective) at the start of your SEO project, a task which can be divided into two major components: technology decisions and structural decisions.
Technology Decision: Our technology choices can have a major impact on your SEO results which are as follows:
- Dynamic URLs
- Session IDs or user IDs in the URL
- Superfluous flags in the URL
- Content behind forms (including pull-down lists)
- Temporary (302) redirects
Structural Decisions: One of the most basic decisions to make about a website concerns internal linking and navigational structures which includes following points:
- Which pages are linked with home page?
- Which pages are treated as category pages?
- Relevant pages should be linked with each other or not?